How Does COVID-19 Affect Food Safety?
Below are some resources that help provide more information on COVID-19 and its effect on Food Safety.
Food Safety and Coronavirus: A Comprehensive Guide
- This article helps answer common questions people may have on Coronavirus and food safety. Topics include: the safety of allowing restaurants to continue serving food, whether food is a vector of this viral transmission, and other questions.
Food-Related Resources for CoVID-19 (Coronavirus) for Consumers and Food Industry
- UC Food Safety provides multiple resources for a variety of groups on its website linked above. There are a multitude of resources for consumers, growers, workers, grocery stores, and more.
NC State Extension COVID-19 Food Safety Resources
- North Carolina State provides additional general food safety resources for consumers. Resources are also available in Spanish.
Urban Farms, Food Safety, and Food System Resilience During COVID-19
- The UC Urban Agriculture page gives information for urban farms and community gardens regarding COVID-19 and food safety.
Novel Coronavirus Prevention & Control for Produce Farms
- Cornell University has provided tips for employers regarding coronavirus prevention and control on farms.
COVID-19 Resources for Agriculture
- UC Davis Western Center for Agricultural Health and Safety has resources and videos for the general public, agricultural employers, growers, and farmworkers on COVID-19. Resources and videos are also available in Spanish.
UCCE Sheep & Goats COVID-19 Resources
- UC Cooperative Extension provides industry, veterinary, and public health resources, including resources for sheep & goats.
Food Safety and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- The FDA answers industry questions related to the food supply, social distancing, disinfecting, and worker safety.
UCCE San Luis Obispo County COVID-19 Information
- UC Cooperative Extension provides information on topics including food safety and California workers. There are also resources available in Spanish.
Resources for Cleaning and Disinfection of Human Touch Surfaces
- The Food Industry Association has developed a guide for COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfection for Human-Touch Surfaces.
Meat and Poultry Processing Workers and Employers
- Guidance from the CDC and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for processing facilities developing plans for continuing operations in the setting of COVID-19.